Headshots are essential for professionals in a variety of industries, including acting, modelling, broadcasting, sales, marketing, public relations, education, law, medicine, finance, consulting, and non profit. They should be professional, flattering, and reflect the individual’s personality and goals. And it will vary from location to location.
Description about each of the industries where headshots are popular:
- Acting: Headshots are essential for actors to use in their auditions and to submit to casting directors. They should be professional, flattering, and capture the actor’s personality and adaptability.
- Modelling: Headshots are required for models to use in their comp cards and portfolios, and to submit to agencies. They should be professional, flattering, and show off the model’s best features.
- Broadcasting: Headshots are needed for broadcasters to use on their websites, social media profiles, plus marketing materials. They must be professional, flattering, and need to sometimes align with the broadcaster’s brand.
- Sales: Headshots are essential for salespeople to use on company websites, social media profiles, including LinkedIn, and in their marketing materials. Sometimes overlooked, added to their tender submissions. They should look professional, confident, and convey the salesperson’s ability to build relationships.
- Marketing: Headshots are important for marketers as they lead the marketing of the business so have an added reason to set the standard. Used also on their websites, social media profiles, and in their marketing materials. They should be professional, creative, and reflect the marketer’s ability to think outside the box.
- Public relations: Headshots are essential for public relations professionals to use anywhere online. Professional, polished, and convey the public relations professional’s ability to represent their clients in a positive light at a glance.
- Education: Headshots are used by educators on websites, social profiles, and in their school marketing materials. University staff and Lecturers need to look polished and approachable, and convey the educator’s passion for teaching with some personality is what we think looks best.
- Law: Headshots are essential for lawyers, typically on websites bio section, social media, marketing materials and client documents. They should be professional, trustworthy, and convey the lawyer’s ability to represent their clients’ interests. Typically they have a dark background and low lit, a little mystic and chic.
- Medicine: Headshots are widely used by doctors, always on their websites for generating trust prior to appointment, and to list their credentials. They should be professional, compassionate, and convey the doctor’s ability to provide quality care.
- Finance: Headshots for financial professionals are on their websites especially if they occupy a senior role, and in their marketing materials. Professional, confident, and convey the financial professional’s ability to manage their clients’ money.
- Consulting: Consultants to use headshots on their websites, social media profiles, and in their marketing materials. They should be professional, experienced, and convey the consultant’s ability to solve their clients’ problems.
- Non-profit: Headshots for non-profit professionals could be a little more low key than some other sectors. They should convey the non-profit professional’s commitment to making a difference.