Photography for Events in Sydney
Event Photography Tips;
- 9 Pre-event planning ideas
- 8 Impact of images statistics
- 3 Risks of hiring the lowest price photographer
- 18 Key elements of event photography
- 10 Ways to use event photos for marketing
- 7 Reasons to only use professional photos
- 3 Event photography booking steps
Event Photography is a specialist genre of photography. The definition of event photography can encompass so many different types of occasions. One article on events would just not cover it all.
Below are a few tips, ideas, lists and link to pricing that you can use to plan your business event. It is aimed at event photography in Australia and would likely apply in other commercial centric cities.
Help your clients think of you instead of your competitors by using great photography in your marketing collateral.
Sydney Event Marketplace
The Sydney CBD generates over $118 billion of economic activity every year, this is more than 7% of Australia’s economy. A significant trading hub by any measure and it is more than just a central business district.
There are 12,000 businesses, 330,000 workers, 35,000 residents in about a square kilometre. Add Sydney’s 640,000 domestic and international daily visitors, some of which are here on Business. That has an influence on driving a very competitive marketplace. (data by City of Sydney)
This is the City of Sydney and we proudly focus on this area. Our photography services are for business events ranging from small workshops to niche panel discussion and forums. All the way to the larger multi-day industry conferences and expos with thousands of guests.
We hope this page helps our prospective clients and others in our sector.
Pre Event Planning
- Objectives – you have a plan mapped out. The goals are attainable, and all major elements considered such as budget, are they realistic? So, what outcome would you like from the event? Jot it down.
- Is your audience clearly defined – Who will be the audience at this event, persona or demographic? Are their behaviour patterns and motivations? What products and services are they interested in? And is their expectation of the level of production? Make some notes.
- Develop a concise message – Keep it simple and memorable. Aim the event to be specific to the target audience and a clear message. What lasting impression would you like your guests to have a month later?
- Attract people to the event – Consider which promotions you’ll run, will you be including prizes or giveaways, competitions, or give out samples at a product launch.
- Communicate – Who you are. What you do. What benefits you offer to your clients. The obvious should be reinforced.
- What mediums will you use attract – Face to face via your staff, online, print press, via PR Company or mail lists?
- Sales teams – give them the appropriate resources such as pdf flyers and invites, s specific web page to reference. Hard copy event promotional collateral is also handy. At team meetings share with them the why, what, where, who. Share your clearly defined event objectives.
- Capture the Moment – Photography and media should have similar briefing notes if these have been developed. That way every service provider has the same outcome in mind. Professionals will pick up the vibe of the event but sharing all or some of the above will help in capturing the moments.
- Post-event action – Creating a persona profile will require some time and effort, but it’s worth it. After this deep planning stage, you will have the necessary information to set up a powerful post-event marketing strategy to reinforce the messages.
Professional Photo Impact
Impact of Images;
- Articles with relevant images average 94% more total views than articles without
- 60% of consumers who use online search say they prefer to contact a business whose listing includes an image.
- Nearly 70% of e-commerce website shoppers say the product image is very important when making their purchase decision.
- People remember only 10% of information three days after hearing it, on average; adding a picture can improve recall to 65%
- Nearly 60% of people say they’re visual learners
- Consumers are significantly more likely to think favourably of ads that emphasise photos, over ads that emphasise text
- Images on Facebook receive 20% more engagement than videos and 352% more engagement than links
- Journalists say providing images is among the most valuable things PR professionals do
Given the power of photos, they’re valued by leading Businesses Source and more information
Risks of Hiring Lowest Price Photographers
Choosing a Photographer
The old saying of you get what you pay for, is especially true when it comes to hiring a specialist professional. Low-cost photographers can put you at risk. Would they take into consideration all of the 18 points below?
Event Photographers being in the wrong place at the wrong time
When photographing an event, the audience should be a primary consideration. Professional photographers will know where to position themselves correctly, it should be second nature at most business and corporate events. Professionals will get to the venue early to get an understanding of sight lines, have the correct equipment with them and discreetly take the photos they need and move aside.
Your guests should have a clear sight and not miss key messages or get a poor impression of your brand. Their event experience must always remain a positive one.
How are your PR, Events and Marketing people going to show you at your best to follow up the event guests? Or increase the number of touch points with prospects who weren’t there, with low-quality photos. What lasting impression will that leave?
You’ve spent $10 000’s or $100 000’s on the event and you need high-quality photos to use for promotions until the next event.
We understand sometimes budgets run really tight and you must attempt to cut costs. Cutting back a little here and there is ok, we understand, but we suggest to look in areas that don’t live as long or aren’t as versatile as photos.
After a few days when your clients and prospects are back at their desks in their usual routine, many of the other event elements may have been forgotten. The photos you send them post-event will help you be remembered and live on in goodwill that will pay a return on investment for many years.
Understanding Your Event Guest Demographic
Will the low price photographer you hire relate to your guests? Have they worked with this demographic before? Two questions you may want to consider.
Is there an understanding of the pressures that your event presenters, staff or other vendors are experiencing.
Working as a team during your event is paramount to bringing all the elements together seamlessly from the perception of your guests.
Low-cost photographers may appear to save you a few dollars, but at what cost in compromising your brand.
The American Press Institute also found a similar result What-do-newspapers-lose-when-they-use-non-professional-photography
Choose a specialist business event photography service provider. Whatever your event, we can capture your style and message that will be long remembered for both you and your guests.
”Attract Attention by Being Spectacularly You”
Strong brand recognition equals a strong sales pipeline
18 Key Elements of Event Photography
- Your key event objectives
- Sponsors, stakeholders & VIP’s recognition
- Your audience mood at the time
- Capturing the engagement with the events theme
- The venue design and table arrangements
- Your audience interactions
- Your branding elements
- Who the award recipients are
- Speeches and formal proceedings
- Elements of your brands theme
- Audience participation
- Media wall and branding
- Live social media use
- The events or award sponsors
- Your audience demographic
- Awards ceremony programming
- Theme, style and creative direction
- Guests using your marketing collateral
Yes, we take all these elements into consideration in helping you and your brand stand out from the competition.
”Are you using the same narrative as your competitors”
Stand Out From Your Competition
10 ways to use event photos for business marketing
Once you have all these terrific images from your event. How do you maximise the ROI on them? A few ideas on where to use Corporate event photos for marketing and communications purposes.
- Media announcements
- Client communications
- Social media
- PR communications
- Press release
Businesses without a memorable story tend to get forgotten. Photos from your events not only tells your story but can reinforce it over and over again. By using the photos across these 10 channels your reach and coverage will be comprehensive and easily justify the investment in hiring an experienced corporate event photographer. Here’s a short write up on entrepreneur.com with a few more ideas on this subject.
”There’s a strong relationship between what we see and what we feel”
How would you like your clients to feel about you?
7 Reasons to Use Only Professional Photographs
- Attract and extend your reach to thousands of new prospects
- Connect and develop personal relationships with clients
- Show your resourcefulness by hosting events that gather your community
- Raise your profile in the industry and add value to your brand
- Attract new agents and distributors for your business
- Launch a new product and generate media interest
- Share images across your teams to improve business outcomes
Photos are a unique promotional medium, allowing the viewer to easily consume and connect with your message. A convenient at call two-way personal interaction between client and organisation. When used with the right mix of online strategies, photos are a very powerful tool to communicate your message.
There’s a strong relationship between what we see and what we feel. How would you like your clients to feel about you?
Have no doubt about the value of great photography.
How would you like your Business remembered?
Gala Dinner Grace Hotel – Lifetime Achievement Award
”Recognise, Reward, Praise, Celebrate and be Remembered”
Working with an experienced professional event Photographer can be a game changer in meeting your digital media needs.
Event Photography for business is a specialist genre of photography. It’s like high-end jewellery photography, it’s a specialist category of photography that wouldn’t normally crossover. We know business events, and we know them very well.
Orlando Sydney Event Photography is your perfect partner when you need help capturing Business to Business and Corporate events.
Whether you require a single photographer or a team, we can work closely with your Creative Director and Event Designer for major events. Or if you have a small and uniquely themed show, we will ensure the vibe, colour, detail and the overall message is captured.
If you simply need some guidance on your upcoming in-house event. We’re happy to discuss and offer guidance.
3 Easy Steps to Book a Photographer in Sydney;
- Review our website (tick)
- Get a Quote
- We send you an E-invoice with a click to pay button
Your booking is locked in and we look forward to working with you.