Photography Brief Ideas and Templates
All you need to know for small and large events
Photography brief basics
What is a photography brief?
A photography brief is a simple outline of what the photographer needs to focus on during the event. It will summarize all the key features and characteristics that’s important to the client.
How are photography briefs useful?
A photography brief is very useful as every event is different, and so too are the priorities for the client. Photography briefs also help the event planner in making sure there is clarity between them and the photographer.
Who uses photography briefs?
Photographers and event managers, and planners use photography briefs.
See below to use our ‘Easy 1 minute photography brief maker tool’
4 types of events that professional photographers will need photo briefs
Photography Brief Examples
Free photography brief template
A good simple free photo brief for small events
|Event Date:||Friday 32nd January 2023|
|Time:||1 x Photographer required on location from 10.00 am – 8.00 pm|
|Where:||The event will take place on Friday in ‘Function Room’ at the Sydney Opera House.|
|What:||• Example Company is holding its 10th annual ‘Innovation Day
• Inviting over 200 of their clients, partners and prospects to hear about what’s on the horizon.
• The theme of this year’s event is “Together”.
• The format will be a conference with content and presentations from a keynote speaker.
• A panel a fireside chat and a second keynote format.
• Media wall
• Small trade show.
|Shot List Ideas:||• Roaming photos
• Photos with views in the background of Sydney Harbour
• Capture the venue set up prior to the guest arrival.
• Media wall photos (required / not required)
• Large group photos – showing how many people are in the room
• Smaller group shots
• People talking, laughing etc
• People listening to the speakers (wide shots to show numbers of people)
• People enjoying drinks at the end
• All speakers on stage and in shots talking with others
• Branding shots – posters, banners lighting, merchandise etc.
• Photo at end of the Example Company team
|Any Restrictions:||• Due to venue restrictions, you will not be permitted to take any photos of the exterior of the Opera House.
• COVID Safe Protocols As instructed by security and venue staff
• No other known restrictions
|Photo Delivery:||• Highlight photos within 24 hours from the conclusion of the event if possible.
• Full photo album within 5 business days
• Deliverables sent by link to private online viewable and download gallery
|Last Step:||Sent the brief to Orlando@orlandosydney.com for a free quote|
Free photography brief template you can use
Use one of the templates, Edit & Send it to us for a free quote. You will receive great results, with affordable photography prices. Book a photographer in Sydney you can depend on.
‘Quality photos 7 days a week’
Working directly with pro event photographers will give you peace of mind. Don’t risk your event by reaching out to lead gen websites for quotes. You never know when or if you’ll even get a professional turning up.
We provide you with fixed hourly rates. You get quality photos from local expert photographers 7 days a week.
‘At Sydney’s top venues’
Expert photography services provided to leading event managers, coordinators and assistants. Local and international marketing managers, business owners, editors, office managers and media outlets.
Choose us for personal service with an honest, hands-on approach and great value based pricing. Integrity and transparency and a commitment to ensure your success.
Our professional photographers will capture the energy of your event
Quality photos with fixed pricing for your peace of mind.
Start with a free quote today.